Ballarat Sports Medicine
Sport & Exercise Medicine
Sport & Exercise Medicine Physicians
Sport and Exercise Medicine Physicians are specialists in the non-surgical management of all musculoskeletal conditions. They are Fellows of the Australasian College of Sport and Exercise Physicians, to gain their fellowship they have a physician exit exam and many years of experience. As well as being skilled in the non-operative management of conditions, they are also up-to-date with what surgical managements can also be considered.
Sports Medicine is not solely about professional athletes. It is also about keeping people active and healthy. They can help with childhood & adolescent sporting injuries, recreational and middle-aged athletes.
Common conditions treated include:
- Painful tendons (‘tendinopathies’) such as tennis or golfer’s elbow, plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendon injuries.
- Joint sprains and injuries.
- Muscle strains or tears such as hamstrings, or bad ‘corkies’.
- Assessing and managing sports-related concussions.
- Identifying training errors, (over training, or the wrong training), to get athletes back on track.