Western Victoria Primary Health Network are pleased to invite you to the second session in our Vestibular webinar series – Concussion Management in General Practice Learning Outcomes:
- Describe how concussion is identified and assessed in various populations and have confidence to select one or more appropriate assessment tools for your patients.
- Discuss the current guidelines for return to activities, particularly in school-age children and athletes.
- Outline the role of the multi-disciplinary team in concussion management in order to select the appropriate professional/s for onward referrals to support full recovery for your patients.
- Identifying concussion: clinical assessment and the role of brain imaging
- Sport-related concussion and concussion in the older person post fall
- Common signs and symptoms, useful questionnaires/assessment tools
- Current guidelines for return to school, training and sport
- Early education and information for the diagnosing professional (eg. ED, GP)
- When, who and how to refer, depending on your patient’s presentation
- Rosie Marsiglio – Vestibular Physiotherapist (Neurological Physiotherapy Geelong)
- Dr Sachin Khullar – Sport and Exercise Medicine Physician
- General Practitioners and Registrars
- Practice Nurses
- Nurse Practitioners
- Allied Health Professionals
Wednesday 23 March
7.00pm – 8.00pm
Disclaimer: Attendees registering for an event, workshop, conference, forum or activity hosted or promoted by the Western Victoria Primary Health Network (WVPHN) are advised that WVPHN does not necessarily endorse sponsors or external organisers affiliated with any such event.